September 10, 2014
Since graduating from college, I have severely fallen out of the music game. I didn’t realize it until now but my roommates were my connection to just about any genre of music. I could always count on:
- the musician of the house, JC, to launch the next wave of music, Flyby
- my sneaks and beats partner, DF, to drop some old school songs from The Roots
- and the homie, AJ, to play some smooth gospel on Sunday mornings
Now that I am all on my own and forced to play music for myself, I’ve yet to truly find my rhythm. Whether I am in the house cleaning my bathroom, driving home, or remixing last year’s dance moves, BEATS MUSIC keeps me entertained. The latest playlist that I subscribed too (yes that’s a real thing) is titled “Behind the Boards: DJ Mustard”. Here’s a sneak peek of what’s going through my speakers.
- Kid Ink - Show Me (feat. Chris Brown)
- Jeremih - Don’t Tell ‘em (feat. YG)
- Ty Dolla $ign - Or Nah (feat. Wiz Khalifa & DJ Mustard)
- YG - Who Do You Love? (feat. Drake)
- Tee Flii - 24 Hours (feat. 2 Chainz)
Note: Due the explicit nature of some of these songs, please listen at your own discretion.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
In Partnership with: Poole College of Management, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Science Foundation, Penn State
Take Action, Get Tested: Find Your Local Testing Center Why Get Tested?
- #Health #Birth #maternalhealth #race #SDOH twitter.com/theroot/status… @ 02-23 8:20am
- RT @blkwomenshealth: Because in the words of @JanelleMonae "We come in peace, but we mean business." RT if you agree! #JanelleMonae #BlackW… @ 02-16 6:51am
- #mentalhealth #realtalk twitter.com/essence/status… @ 02-16 6:47am